2. By proceeding to purchase goods, the Customer acknowledges that he/she has read and agrees with these terms and conditions.
3. The Customer has ordered the goods by reference to a photograph on Lacorine’s website. The goods are produced in Peru and are handmade or hand finished using natural materials. Although Lacorine will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure accordance between the website photograph and the goods, the Customer accepts that, for a variety of reasons, there may be variations between the goods as manufactured and the photograph. In particular, colours shown on the website will vary depending upon the Customer’s computer settings, and there may be variations between colours shown on the website and the goods in question. Further as the goods are handmade or hand finished, differences may occur between the goods and their description.
4. Payment must be made in full, in pounds sterling, before goods will be despatched to the Customer.
5. On receipt of notification of payment Lacorine will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure delivery within 21 days, but the date is not guaranteed and time of delivery is not of the essence of this contract. The goods will be sent to the Customer’s address by post. The Customer accepts all delivery risk.
6. The terms set out herein contain the entire contract. All terms which may implied by statute, common law, custom or otherwise which may lawfully be excluded are hereby excluded. This Agreement contains the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes and replaces any prior written or oral agreements, representations or understandings between them. The parties confirm that they have not entered into this Agreement on the basis of any representation that is not expressly incorporated into this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement excludes liability for fraud. This Agreement may only be amended in writing signed by duly authorised representatives of the Parties
7. The Customer will examine the goods on delivery and satisfy itself as to the condition and quality. Any complaint must be made to Lacorine within 7 days of receipt by the Customer, after which date no complaint will be accepted or valid (time to be of the essence). In the event that Lacorine accepts that a complaint is valid, Lacorine will (at its option) supply replacement goods or repay the price (other than postage). Replacement Goods may be delivered to the Customer to the original place of delivery, but otherwise subject to the provisions of this Agreement.
Cancellation – The Cooling off period.
8. If you wish to cancel your order you may only do so at any time between the date of placing the order and 7 days after you have received the goods. Thereafter, no cancellation will be accepted. Cancellation must be notified by telephone or e-mail. Lacorine will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that refunds are made within 30 days of receipt of the goods by Lacorine. The goods must be returned at your cost and risk. Returns will only be accepted if the product has not been used, is returned undamaged in the original packaging with postage prepaid.
9. Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Lacorine's negligence, Lacorine shall have no liability under or in connection with this Agreement whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever. In particular (and without derogation from the generality of the above), the goods are made from natural materials and fibres and may cause allergies to persons susceptible, for which Lacorine specifically accepts no liability.
10. Neither Party shall be liable to the other Party in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by that other Party of an indirect or consequential nature including without limitation any economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill.
11. Neither Party shall have any liability under or be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any delays or failures in performance of this Agreement which result from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of that Party. Such circumstances include any default by Lacorine's supplier.
12. The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which the Parties submit. For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 and notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement this Agreement is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
13. The goods are sold by way of trade sale and the parties specifically agree that the terms herein are reasonable in the circumstances. All dresses and designs are the subject of copyright and any copying of goods for the purposes of trade or otherwise will (irrespective of any copyright infringement) constitute a breach of this contract.
Privacy and Security
Lacorine and its personnel take the privacy of customer information very seriously indeed. The information we collect from you is used only to provide and enhance the service we offer you, to assist enforcement and prevent fraud.
When you place an order at www.lacorine.co.uk, we will collect your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card information for use in processing your order.
We also maintain a record of your orders, should we or you ever need them for reference.
To maintain our high standard of customer service and to assist with the training of staff, we may record, listen to and play back telephone calls.
We do not share your phone number or email address with any third parties for marketing purposes.